The following instructions allow you to configure ChromeBox to run a display board on a high definition screen.
- Power on the ChromeBox. At the welcome screen, input network information but do not login.
- At the login screen, press CTRL+ALT+K and enable Kiosk mode.
- Log into Chrome OS.
- Open Chrome Browser and search "Kiosk The Cook Company".
- Download Kiosk extension offered by The Cook Company.
- Open a new tab in Chrome and enter chrome://extensions in the address bar.
- Check the box next to Developer Mode.
- Click Manage Kiosk Application and enter the ID of the Kiosk App.
- Highlight the Kiosk App and select "auto launch". Press Done.
- Reboot and press Confirm for "Auto-launch permission requested".
- When the Kiosk App runs for the first time, it will allow you to adjust settings.
Running the Kiosk extension in Google Chrome is not a requirement, but simply a recommendation. Please see the notes below.
- The Kiosk App will automatically launch and can load your display board URL each time the device is rebooted.
- To Turn off Kiosk Mode, simply Reboot Chrome OS. While the device is restarting, press the keyboard shortcut Ctrl+Alt+S to interrupt the process and return to the Chrome OS login screen.
- To change Kiosk App settings, press the keyboard shortcut CTRL+ALT+A while the Kiosk App is running.
- When your display board page loads or is refreshes, the display board automatically receives the latest software updates from Firehouse Solutions. Configure the device to restart nightly during low traffic times through the Kiosk extension settings.